Chocolate Oreo Cake Recipe – This Chocolate Oreo Cake recipe is to die for! A moist chocolate cake full of Oreo icing! And not just any Oreo icing – it is FULL of crushed up Oreos. An Oreo lover’s dream.
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com
Yield: 14-16 Slices
2 cups (260g) flour
2 cups (414g) sugar
3/4 cup (85g) natural unsweetened cocoa powder OR Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa powder
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 large eggs
1 cup (240ml) buttermilk
1 cup (240ml) vegetable oil
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup (240ml) boiling water
1 1/2 cups (336g) butter
1 1/2 cups (284g) shortening
8–9 cups (920g-1035g) powdered sugar
3 cups (414g) Oreo crumbs (about 33 Oreos)
1 tsp vanilla extract
6–7 tbsp (90ml-105ml) water
6 oz (1 cup | 169g) semi sweet chocolate chips
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
NOTE: You’ll need at least one full package of Oreos. If you plan to decorate the outside of the cake with more Oreos, as shown, you might need a second package.
- Prepare three 8 inch cake pans with parchment paper circles in the bottom, and grease the sides.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large bowl and whisk together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk and vegetable oil to the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add vanilla to boiling water and add to mixture. Mix well.
- Divide batter between three cakes pans and bake at 300 degrees for about 30-33 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out with a few crumbs. READ MORE