For the donuts
½ cup full fat canned coconut milk*
¼ cup organic refined coconut oil, melted and cooled
¼ cup pure maple syrup
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
½ cup organic coconut flour
3 tbsp tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch sea salt
⅓ cup mini Enjoy Life chocolate chips
For the frosting
½ cup mini Enjoy Life chocolate chips
⅓ cup full fat canned coconut milk*
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a donut pan by brushing with coconut oil**
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs with the creamy coconut milk, maple syrup, coconut oil and vanilla. In a smaller bowl, combine the coconut flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet, mixing gently, then stir in the chocolate chips. Due to the coconut flour the batter will be thick.
- For donuts, I recommend transferring the batter to a plastic bag with a small hole cup on one corner so you can pipe it neatly into the donut molds. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter into the molds.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until set, and a toothpick inserted in the center of a donut comes out clean.
- Allow donuts to sit in the pan for about 2 minutes before carefully transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- While the donuts cool, make the ganache. In a small saucepan over very low heat, melt the mini chips with the coconut milk, stirring the whole time, until a thick shiny mixture forms, then remove from heat and set aside.
- Once donuts are completely cooled and the ganache has cooled and thickened, you can frost the donuts by spooning or drizzling the ganache on any way you like! It will thicken but remain creamy at room temp.
- Serve and enjoy! Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
* I refrigerated the can overnight, discarded half the liquid in the can and blended the rest to a creamy consistency before adding.
**I used a 6 cavity donut pan – alternatively you can use a 12 cavity mini-donut pan or a muffin pan
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Chocolate Frosted Chocolate Chip Paleo Donuts (Nut Free) @ paleorunningmomma.com