I have such an easy and delicious recipe to share with you today – Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls Recipe! These are so delicious – they are just like mini Reese’s peanut butter cups, but in ball form. They melt in your mouth. They are that good.
1-1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
½ cup butter, softened
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
12 oz bag of chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper and set aside.
- Mix peanut butter, butter and vanilla together in a large bowl.
- Slowly add one cup of powdered sugar to the creamy mixture, mixing well each time. *Note — I do not sift my powdered sugar! I just scoop out 1 cup full and dump it in my bowl.*
- By the time you get to the third cup of powdered sugar, the mixture will become very difficult to stir with a spoon. Take your rings off and start mixing with your hands.
- Once all of the powdered sugar is incorporated into the peanut butter mixture, you can start making your balls. Simply pinch off a small amount and roll between your hands to form a small ball. Place the peanut butter balls on the prepared cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Visit Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Balls @ eatingonadime.com for full instructions.