Cherry sugar cookies topped with a Hershey’s Kiss. Tastes like a chocolate covered cherry, and looks gorgeous on Christmas cookie trays!
Servings: 36 Cookies
1 Cup 2 Sticks Butter, Softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
2 Teaspoons Maraschino Cherry Liquid
Red Food Coloring I used Gel
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2 1/4 Cups All Purpose Flour
10 Oz. Jar Maraschino Cherries
3 Tablespoons White Sugar
36 Hershey’s Kisses Unwrapped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Drain cherries of their liquid, but be sure to reserve ~2 Teaspoons of their juice.
- Cream butter using a mixer or wooden spoon. Gradually stir in powdered sugar a little at a time.
- Stir in cherry juice, red food coloring, and vanilla
- Gradually stir in flour a little at a time. Mix until just combined.
- Fold in cherries.
- Shape dough into ~1 inch balls. Roll in white sugar. Gently flatten using a small juice glass.
- Bake 12-15 minutes ,or until the sides are just beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and immediately press a kiss into the middle of each cookie.