Chocolate Banana Muffins are are delicious, rich and tender breakfast muffin your whole family will love full of chocolate chips!
Yield: 24 muffins
1/2 cup butter , softened
1 cup sugar
2 large eggs
3 very ripe bananas , mashed (1 1/2 cups mashed)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a stand mixer beat together the butter, sugar and eggs then add in the bananas and vanilla.
- Add in the flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just mixed, then fold in the almost all the chocolate chips.
- With an ice cream scoop (1/4 cup measure) add the batter to your muffin tin, lined with liners.
- Sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips on the top.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the top of the muffins spring back when touched.