2 pounds whole white mushrooms, cleaned and stemmed
1 medium onion, diced
1 pound pasteurized breakfast sausage (I used my homemade)
1 cup homemade mayo
1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
½ teaspoon adobo sauce, check for ingredient quality
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Place the stemmed mushrooms on a foil-lined baking sheet. In a large skillet, sauté the onion and sausage over high heat until the sausage is cooked through, about 8 minutes.
- While the sausage is cooking, puree the mayonnaise, chipotle pepper, and adobo sauce in a blender or food processor.
- Once the sausage is cooked through, remove from the heat and stir in the chipotle mayo.
- Spoon the filling into the mushroom caps, being careful not to overfill.
- Bake 20-25 minutes, or until the stuffing starts to brown nicely along with the mushrooms.
Original recipe visit: Chipotle Stuffed Mushrooms @ jaysbakingmecrazy.com