Here is the best comforting and hearty Chickpea Stew (Vegan, Gluten-free) ever! Made with simple ingredients from basic ingredients with an amazingly delicious taste that will keep you coming back for more!
FOR: 6 SERVINGS
1 cup chick peas, dry or two-15 ounce cans chick peas, drained
1 tbsp olive oil, (1/4 cup water)
1 medium onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup red bell pepper, chopped
1 medium tomato, chopped
1 carrot, diced
1 tsp dried parsley
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 tbsp tomato paste
2 cups liquid from boiled chickpeas, or water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/4 tsp Cayenne pepper
- If you are using dried chickpeas, sort, wash and soak them overnight. The next day drain and rinse chickpeas.
- Cover with water about 2 inches above chickpeas and bring to boil on medium heat.
- Lower heat to simmer and cook until tender, about 1 hour.
- Drain chickpeas and reserve 2 cups of liquid, set aside.
- Visit healthiersteps.com for full directions.