Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas Recipe – There’s so much to love about Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas! They have all the same irresistible flavors of traditional, and time consuming Chicken Cordon Bleu in this super EASY quesadilla! There’s layers of gooey cheese, crispy bread crumbs, savory ham and chicken and of course killer Parmesan Dijon cream sauce that you could eat with a spoon! It’s a winner!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas Recipe
Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas are every thing you love about the classic in a new fuss free version! There are still those amazing layers of savory ham, gooey cheese, hearty chicken, and even a creamy Parmesan Dijon Sauce! It’s heavenly in a hurry!
- Yield: 2 1x
1 8-10 inch flour tortillas
¼ c. grilled chicken breast sliced
2–3 slices deli ham
4 slices of Swiss or Provolone cheese
2 T. toasted breadcrumbs
2 T. melted butter
PARMESAN DIJON SAUCE:
2 T. butter
1 T. flour 1 cup milk
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Dash hot sauce optional
1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- To make the sauce melt butter in a medium sized saucepan. Whisk in flour and add chicken bouillon and cook for 1-2 minutes. Slowly add milk while whisking. Add mustard and hot sauce. Continue cooking and whisking for about 5 minutes or until it’s thickened. Remove from heat and add parmesan cheese and stir. Keep warm over low heat.
To make the quesadilla.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add one tortilla shell to skillet.
- Add one layer of sliced cheese.
- Add a layer of ham.
- Sprinkle with breadcrumbs
- Add another layer of cheese.
- Add a layer of sliced chicken.
- Drizzle with a couple spoonfuls of sauce.
- Sprinkle with more breadcrumbs.
- Add a layer of cheese.
- Top with another tortilla shell.
- Cook until the bottom tortilla is golden brown. Flip and continue cook until the other side is brown.
- Cut into slices and serve with remaining sauce.
Be sure to cook your quesadilla over medium heat. If your heat is too hot the quesadilla will be golden brown before the cheese is melted and the fillings are warmed through.
Store bought breaded chicken may be used instead of adding breadcrumbs.
Grated cheese may be used instead of sliced cheese.
Exact amount of ingredients may vary depending on how much you add to your quesadilla!
This recipe enough sauce for several quesadillas. It’s easy to make as many quesadillas as you want!
You can make your own breadcrumbs by putting bread heels in a food processor and processing them until they are in crumbs. Bake them at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes.
Keywords: Chicken Cordon Bleu Quesadillas, Dinner Recipes