2 green peppers, sliced
1 onion, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed
2 – 2 1/2 lbs. thinly sliced steak (I used top round)
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 envelope dry Italian dressing mix
1 cup water
1 beef bouillon cube
6 slices of provolone cheese
6 hoagie rolls
- Place all the ingredients in the Instant Pot or Slow Cooker (except for the cheese and rolls).
- Using pressure cooker setting, seal and cook for 40 minutes. Or cook for 4-8 hours in the slow cooker on low.
- Let in naturally depressurize for 10 minutes (Instant Pot only).
- Release the steam and open the Instant Pot (Instant Pot only).
- Scoop out the meat/veggies into the rolls.
- Place the rolls on a cookie sheet and top with a slice of cheese per sandwich (cut in half)
- Broil for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is nice and bubbly.
- Enjoy! And feel free to dip the sandwiches in the leftover juice.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Cheesesteak Sandwiches – Instant Pot @ laurengreutman.com