2 tbsp (46g) coconut oil
1 ripe banana (mashed)
1 apple (grated)
1 packed cup (145g) grated carrot
1/3 cup (80g) apple puree
1/2 cup milk
2 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups spelt flour
1/2 cup ground almonds
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp powdered ginger
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Pre heat oven to 190c/375f and prepare muffin tin with liners. (I made 16 muffins)
- Melt coconut oil and add to the mashed banana, stir to combine.
- Add the apple puree, apple, carrot, eggs, milk and combine.
- Mix the flour, ground almonds, cinnamon, ginger, baking soda and salt together
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and stir.
- Fill each muffin case to the top with the mixture and sprinkle with the chopped walnuts (optional)
- Bake for approx. 35 mins (until golden brown and you can stick a knife in and it comes out clean.)
- Leave to cool for 10 mins.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container
- Can be frozen
Original recipe visit: Carrot Apple Muffins (No added sugar) @ healthylittlefoodies.com