2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp Kosher salt
2 Tbls sugar
¼ tsp ground cinnamon
1 cup fresh blueberries
2 cups buttermilk
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 lemon, zested
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss blueberries with three tablespoons of the flour mixture. Set aside.
- Combine buttermilk, eggs, and lemon zest together in a small bowl.
- Slowly pour wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing just until combined. Small lumps are okay.
- Fold in the blueberries and let pancake batter rest for ten minutes.
- Heat a large skillet or griddle over medium-high heat.
- Spray with non-stick cooking spray OR brush with butter or oil.
- Ladle ½ cup batter onto skillet for each pancake.
- Flip when small bubbles appear on the surface and continue cooking until golden brown.
- Serve with butter and syrup.
Original recipe and more pictures visit: Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes @ momontimeout.com