3 cups flour
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 teaspoon garlic powder
3 Tablespoon sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 (12oz) bottle of beer
2 Tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and prepare a regular loaf pan (9×5) with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, add flour, sugar, baking powder, garlic powder and salt. Stir it around to blend it together.
- Add shredded cheese and stir.
- Create a well in your dry ingredients and slowly pour the beer into the center. This always reminds me of a volcano.
- Mix with a wooden spoon to blend all ingredients well, then pour into your prepared bread pan.
- Bake for 35 – 45 min, or until it’s pulling away from the sides and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted to the center.
- Drizzle melted butter over the top and allow to cool for 10 minutes or so.
- Before turning upside down, I run a butter knife along the edge to loosen the bread. Flip the pan over and gently jiggle until the bread pops out.
- Cool for about 10 minutes.
You can omit the garlic and cheese if you’d like plain beer bread.
Or try adding your own flavors. Add chives, or parsley to the melted butter for more color.
Original recipe visit: Beer Bread with Garlic and Cheese @ todayscreativelife.com