This Banana Cream Cheesecake recipe is made with a fresh banana cheesecake topped with banana bavarian cream! It’s smooth, creamy & full of the most amazing banana flavor!
Recipe by: lifeloveandsugar.com
Banana Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Yield: 12-14 Servings
2 1/4 cups (302g) vanilla wafer crumbs
10 tbsp (140g) salted butter, melted
3 tbsp (39g) sugar
24 ounces (678g) cream cheese, room temperature
1 cup (207g) sugar
3 tbsp (24g) all purpose flour
1/4 cup (58g) sour cream, room temperature
4 tsp banana extract
1 cup (240ml) pureed banana (2 medium sized bananas)*
3 large eggs, room temperature
1 tsp powdered gelatin
2 tbsp (30ml) milk
2 egg yolks
1/2 cup (120ml) heavy whipping cream
2 tbsp (26g) sugar
3/4 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp banana extract
2/3 cup (160ml) heavy whipping cream, cold
5 tbsp (36g) powdered sugar
WHIPPED CREAM TOPPING
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, cold
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Fresh sliced bananas
- Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a 9-inch (23cm) springform pan with parchment paper in the bottom and grease the sides.
- Combine the crust ingredients in a small bowl. Press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the springform pan.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes, then set aside to cool.
- Cover the outsides of the pan with aluminum foil so that water from the water bath cannot get in (see how I prepare my pan for a water bath). Set prepared pan aside.
- Reduce oven temperature to 300°F (148°C).
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and flour on low speed until well completely combined and smooth. Be sure to use low speed to reduce the amount of air added to the batter, which can cause cracks. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. READ MORE