These baked zucchini fries have a wonderful crumb coating made from a mix of Ritz crackers and panko bread crumbs – plus some Romano cheese adds fantastic flavor. We bake them until the zucchini is tender on the inside and the outside is light and crispy – just like I remembered from all those years ago!
Yield: 4 servings
1½ pounds fresh zucchini
½ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 whole eggs
1 tablespoon milk
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (3½ ounces in weight)
½ cup panko bread crumbs
½ cup grated Romano cheese
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Trim the ends and cut the zucchini in half. With a spoon, remove any large seeds. (Smaller seeds can stay if the zucchini are small.)
- Cut zucchini into thick French-fry sized pieces leaving skins on.
- Lay out three medium to large bowls.
- In the first place flour, salt and pepper.
- Visit Baked Zucchini Fries @ afamilyfeast.com for full instructions.