4 tablespoons rice vinegar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons sesame seed oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
4 green onions sliced
6 pieces boneless skinless chicken breasts, trimmed and cut into bite-size
1/3 cup flour
1 cup peanut oil
FOR THE LEMON GLAZE
1/4 cup rice vinegar
3 tablespoons sugar
1 lemon zested and juiced
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- In a large ziploc bag, whisk together the rice vinegar, soy sauce, mirin, sesame seed oil, garlic, ginger and green onions. Combine the marinade and chicken; marinate around 2 hours, turning the bag occasionally if you remember to.
- Drain the chicken from the marinade.
- In a bowl, combine the chicken and the flour.
- Heat peanut oil in a cast iron skillet to 350 degrees. Add the chicken and fry until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
- To make the glaze, combine the rice vinegar, sugar, lemon zest and juice, cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water over medium low heat. Bring to a boil, simmering until thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Serve the chicken nuggets immediately, tossed or drizzled with the lemon glaze.
Original recipe visit: Asian-style Chicken Nuggets @ thechunkychef.com