2 medium apples, peeled, cored, and diced small (about 1 1/2 cups apples)
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon water
1 can Pillsbury Grands! Cinnamon Rolls (5 rolls)
5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream or milk, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9″ pie plate or pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place small diced apples, brown sugar, ground cinnamon, and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and cook on high power for 2-3 minutes, or until apples are just slightly translucent. Drain well.
- While the apples are cooking, cut each cinnamon roll into 6 pieces. They’ll fall apart a little, that’s okay. Sprinkle the pieces evenly in the prepared pan. Once the apples are done, drain them well and sprinkle them over the cinnamon roll pieces.
- Stir the melted butter and brown sugar together, then pour over the top of the apples and cinnamon rolls. Bake for 28-33 minutes or until cooked through in the center.
- Just before serving, place the icing that came with the cinnamon rolls in a small bowl. Heat for about 10 seconds so it’s pourable. Stir in heavy whipping cream (or milk) to make it more of a glaze, then pour over the top of the casserole. Serve warm or room temperature.
- Store tightly covered for up to 2 days.
Original recipe visit: Apple Fritter Cinnamon Roll Bake @ crazyforcrust.com