2 cups old fashioned oats (use certified GF if needed)
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup milk (I used unsweetened coconut milk, but dairy or other milks will work, too)
1/2 cup mashed banana (about 1 1/2 medium bananas)
1 large apple, peeled, cored, and diced (I used Fuji)
- If you plan to bake these right away, preheat your oven to 375 degrees. If not, that part can wait until the morning.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add the milk, egg, and mashed banana and mix until combined. Stir in the apple.
- You can either put the mixture into the fridge overnight or continue with the directions and bake right away.
- Grease a muffin tin and fill each cup with the oatmeal mixture to just about the top. Bake in a 375 degree oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cups are set. Store in the fridge or these can also be frozen. Enjoy!
- Because I knew I was making these for my 9 month old son, I only used 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. If you are not making these for a baby and you prefer a stronger cinnamon flavor, increase the salt to 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon and cinnamon to 1 teaspoon.
- These are naturally sweetened with the banana and are not super sweet. You can add up to 1/4 cup honey or maple syrup if you’d like to make them sweeter.
Original recipe, more pictures, and nutrition facts visit: Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal Cups @ happyhealthymama.com